HOW TO GUIDE TO APPLYING
Extraordinary Disaster Assistance Recovery Grants are available to assist directly impacted non-profits with the costs of clean-up and reinstatement. Grants are available for affected non-profit organisations following South East Queensland Rainfall and Flooding to hire or purchase equipment and materials, clean up, remove debris, repair or replace damaged infrastructure or goods and other costs associated with the recovery process.
Total Value: $50,000 (Initial $15,000 on receipt of first claim, followed by $35,000 to support subsequent claims once initial claim acquitted)
Closing Date: 5 December 2022
*Please advise the Grants Officer (email@example.com) of your intention to apply. Sections of the form are to be completed by Scouts Queensland as the 'organisation'.*
You must be located within the declared disaster area and demonstrate they have suffered direct impact from the disaster.
You must have reported to the Scouts Queensland Facilities Team that your Formation experienced damage in the recent weather event.
Must be unable to repair or replace assets directly damaged as a result of the disaster from the applicant’s own resources without assistance under the scheme.
Eligible clean-up, reinstatement activities and emergency measures include:
- Equipment and materials to undertake clean-up
- Additional labour costs (above and beyond normal
wage expenditure i.e. day-to-day staffing)
- Disposing of damaged goods and stock, including
- Repairs to buildings (other than housing)
- Purchase or hire/ lease costs for equipment
essential to the immediate resumption of the business
- Payment for tradespeople to conduct safety
- Essential repairs to premises and internal
fittings that are not covered by insurance
- Replacement of lost or damaged stock if the
replacement is essential for immediately resuming operations
- Leasing temporary premises for the purpose of
Formations who have reported to the Scouts Queensland Facilities Team that they experienced damage in the South East Queensland weather event are eligible to apply to this grant.
QBSI 6.5 grant application requirements regarding the need to have up to date Finance and Property Returns are waived on this occasion due to the urgent nature of the funding required for Scouts Queensland facilities. These exceptions do not apply to any other grant funds and approvals from District and Region Commissioners are still required.
Freehold properties - copy of Rates Notice
Leased properties - copy of lease agreement
5-10 photographs as evidence of damage
Evidence of payment - copy invoices or quotes (for $35,000 grant, evidence that invoices have been paid - receipts)
Copy Bank Statement
Copy of insurance policy and claim (claim must be finalised prior to lodging grant application)
Information Checklist - The above requirements are all listed on page 1 of the application form. Please complete this Section and forward the required evidence to the Grants Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Section 1 - Organisation details (complete as follows)
Section 2 - Payment Details (complete as follows)
Section 3 - Detail of your organisation (complete as follows)
- Enter other relevant information in the space provided
Section 4 - Details of the direct damage as a result of the eligible disaster
- Complete this section with details of the address, description of damage and LGA area.
Section 5 - Insurance
- This Section will be completed by Scouts Queensland
Section 6 - Details of Expenditure (complete as follows)
- Enter value of invoices being claimed as evidenced by invoices, quotes and receipts [Note: table of individual invoices to be completed on page 6 and fuel calculator on page 7]
Section 7 - Acknowledgements, consents and privacy statement
- This section will be completed by Scouts Queensland
Save the application form and Close